Name: Sarah Anderson
Where you are from and about you: I am a Michigan native, born and raised in Grand Rapids. I moved to Kalamazoo in 2015 to attend Western Michigan University. Fun fact about myself; I have a twin sister. Growing up I loved playing soccer, climbing trees, and snowboarding. I began running cross country and track in middle school and found my passion for running. After running all four years in high school, I am thankful I have had the opportunity to continue my running career at the collegiate level as a student-athlete at WMU.
How you started at CrossFit Torrent and what made you transition into coaching. I first heard about CrossFit Torrent through my boyfriend Brandon. He started as an intern when the gym first opened, and now he is one of the coaches. I dropped into a few ‘free friend Thursday’ classes with him and I really enjoyed it! When the time came to start looking for an internship, I knew working at Torrent would be a lot of fun and a great opportunity to learn. As I wrap up my Exercise Science degree at WMU, I wanted an internship where I could learn how to coach athletes, run a gym, and help incorporate fitness into people’s daily lives.
My favorite part of being a coach is…
I enjoy meeting new people and building relationships. This will be my first time coaching CrossFit! I have coached cross country teams and running programs, so I am excited to learn with everybody.
Favorite WOD: Round Trip
Favorite Movement: Squat Cleans
Go-to Healthy snack: Clementines
Cheat day favorite: Pizza
If I am not at CFT you can find me: Going to class at WMU, or traveling all over the country to race.
7 Fun Facts about Sarah
- I have a twin sister
- Was born on Friday the 13th
- I am learning how to play the guitar
- I hold the Western Michigan school record in the mile
- I have been to Switzerland
- I love going to concerts
- I have 2 fake teeth
- CPR/AED Certified
- Bachelor of Science: Exercise Science
- Pursuing a Masters degree in Sports Management
- Good Form Running certified
- 10 years of running experience
- 4 years of strength & conditioning experience
- TUFF camp counselor – running camp for high school cross country athletes
- WMU track and field camp- hosted running camp for middle/high school athletes
- Volunteer at YMCA