About Brandon: I am from Schoolcraft, MI and currently attend Western Michigan University to obtain a Bachelors of Science in Exercise Science and a Communications Minor. I hope to attend Physical Therapy school once I have completed my undergraduate program. I spend a lot of my free time with friends and family, whether that be going to the beach or watching football. If I am not outside I am usually reading up on exercise science related literature or research.
How you started at CrossFit Torrent and what made you start CrossFit?: Ever since I started college I was looking for a CrossFit gym to call home and once I found out that Torrent was coming to town I was very eager to have my first real experience with CrossFit. I have been doing CrossFit on my own for the last four years but this is my first real exposure to it.
What you are hoping to get out of your learning/intern experience: I am most excited to gain a lot of coaching experience from shadowing the amazing coaches here at Torrent and one day being able to put that knowledge into practice. I look forward to interacting with the wonderful community that we are trying to build here.
Favorite WOD: 2018 Team Series Event 4
Favorite Movement: Handstand walking
Go-to Healthy snack: Peanut Butter Rx Bar
Cheat day favorite: Calzone from Erbelli’s
If I am not at CFT you can find me: At the WMU Student Recreation Center
7 Fun Facts about Brandon
- I am left handed
- I was in band for 8 years
- I used to play piano
- I am the sweatiest person in the gym
- My favorite band is Twenty One Pilots
- I have been to Europe on a music tour
- I have been to Hawaii three times
- Broad knowledge of exercise testing and prescription protocols in addition to Strength and Conditioning principles
- Assistant with Schoolcraft High School Girls Tennis, 2014
- Intramural Official at WMU, 2015-2016
- Intramural Site Manager at WMU, 2016-2017